I haven't yet pinpointed what makes French women seem so effortlessly chic and beautiful, but I'm certainly trying. Here are a few notes I jotted down recently while people watching in Paris.
10 things to learn from French women:
- Never underestimate the power of lipstick.
- It's true. Fit makes all the difference. Get it altered.
- A woman boasting height always turn heads in a very, very good way.
- Flats can be chic. But for sexy, only heels will do.
- Don't be afraid to wear all black. Just sport a strong silhouette, and it will work wonderfully.
- A woman in a blazer or button-down with slightly tousled hair, dewy makeup and heels can exude absolute femininity.
- Understated is almost always better than overstated.
- Remember boot-cut, trouser-cut, wide-leg, flare and straight-leg jeans? They are still worth wearing.
- Watching a woman walking confidently alone or arm-in-arm with her best friend is seeing her at her truest.
- Health and happiness suit everyone.