Monday, April 11, 2011

Soaring back from NYC

I had the pleasure of spending the weekend in NYC with some of my favorite people, doing some of my favorite things - putzing through art galleries, taking walks, eating delicious meals, dancing and talking.

E.M. told me that Maira Kalman, my favorite artist since childhood, was having a show at The Jewish Museum. We had to go! I've never seen her work in-person, and - at the risk of sounding a little crazy - it was something that I'll remember forever and ever. If in New York, you must see it. If you can bring a child along, all the better!


Maira Kalman, Various Illuminations (of a Crazy World)
March 11 - July 31, 2011







Then there were so many great conversations with my wise and hilarious girlfriends, had over meals and walks ...

"And then my mother said, 'It's not about what you have. It's about the life you have.' You know, she can be so insane and irritating, but she's so right about that!" [laughing] - anonymous



26 Bond Street

Tiny sweet potato biscuits, champagne with grapefruit juice, baked eggs with avocado, crushed tomato, manchego cheese and toast. Marvin Gaye and Lauren Hill in the background.




Manicures at Ten Over Ten
112 Reade Street

A lovely, serene spot that carries posh nail polish lines like NARS and Chanel. They even provide ipads and crisp fashion mags, but without pomp and circumstance or insane prices.



And, of course, fashion fashion everywhere! (These heels from Aldo! )





To the beautiful ladies in NYC that made this weekend so special. OM who has the most fabulous eye for style and will make you laugh until your stomach hurts. EM, who is such a cheerleader for others' dreams and smart as can be. To MB, who will dance like crazy and get everyone else in the place dancing too. And to MQ, who always thinks before she speaks and has seen me through so many chapters. Oh, the places we'll go, ladies!

1 comment:

OM said...

love you and can't wait till you return!