Thursday, November 18, 2010

Georgia E. is ready for its big debut

As some of you know, I have an extensive and ever-growing list of favorite blogs and shopping sites. There's always a new designer I'm excited about, a photograph I can't stop revisiting or a piece of jewelry I'm lusting after. Rather than carrying around this list in my pink notebook and constantly sending people links, friends have suggested that I start my own blog. It always seemed like a good idea, but I know that running a blog that's worth reading isn't a piece of cake. It means posting daily. It means always connecting readers to new, interesting sites. It means sitting in front of a computer before and after your day job.

Recently, the stars aligned. I found myself with a little more leisure time. A trip to Paris renewed my appreciation for all things beautiful, and - after a few glasses of wine and some discussion of D.C. style - a girlfriend screamed, "How many times have I told you? Start a blog! I'll read it!"

So here it is ... Georgia E. ... a work in progress. Visit it when work is slow. Send me inspiration and suggestions. Enjoy.

- E.Wall