Thursday, January 6, 2011

DC weekend walk

It's going to be cold this weekend in DC, but you can only spend so many hours in an apartment without going crazy. So get some fresh air or walk off that hangover by taking a stroll down 14th street.


Places to hit:

Miss Pixie's always has fun antiques and oddities, and they also have the best cookies ever (free!). Seriously, try them. Mid City Caffe is right upstairs if you need some coffee or tea. It's got that DC hipster-vibe and always plays good music.

Redeem is one of my favorite clothing shops in the city for men and women. They have a lot of interesting pieces with crazy draping and construction. Every time I walk out, I wish I were a little taller, had some kind of beautiful tattoo and could afford a collection all of their sweaters. Redeem is right next to Cork Wine Bar - another DC favorite and often my end-of-walk glass-of-wine pick.

Stop into Rue 14 to browse their collection of men's and women's clothing. Someone should really purchase the short, puffy jacket with leather trim they're carrying right now.

Fans of vintage must visit Treasury. They've got a really well curated collection of clothing for men and women as well as jewelry that's vintage or by local designers. I recently got a chocolate suede jacket from Treasury that I'm displaying outside my closet when I'm not wearing it. It's that nice to look at.

Last but certainly not least is Good Wood. It has furniture, decor pieces, jewelry and vintage handbags that will stop you in your tracks. The aesthetic reminds me a bit of Nashville - frontier woodsman blended with Adams family, topped with a sprinkle of 7o's glam?

Am I missing anything else? Let me know.

No comments: